Can Sustainability add another dimension to the Value Engineering Process?
Can sustainability – when done correctly –add another dimension to the value engineering process? This high-level panel discussion at the Value Engineering Summit 2020 intends to find out.
With buildings accounting for nearly 50% of all greenhouse gas emissions globally, and construction responsible for the consumption of a huge percentage of the world’s resources, it’s time for the industry to start looking at how they can improve efficiencies, performances and savings, while still creating spaces that are environmentally friendly.
- Building sustainability into the value engineering process
- How the global focus on efficient and responsible use of resources and efforts to reduce energy, water and resource consumption is driving informed and responsible building design
- Embracing value engineering as part of the design process instead of the construction process
- Moving away from utilising a material dependent process to design buildings
- Encouraging owners, designers, contractors and fabricators to work together to create value through the optimum use of materials, consideration of longevity, simplification of forms, and the engineered reduction of maintenance issues, to create a sustainable project
- Streamlining and evolving processes to be as efficient as possible